Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
– Leviticus 19:18
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
– Deuteronomy 6:5
Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
– Deuteronomy 11:1
And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
– Deuteronomy 30:6
Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the LORD your God.
– Joshua 23:11
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
– Psalms 5:11
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
– Psalms 91:14
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
– Psalms 97:10
O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
– Psalms 119:97
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
– Proverbs 8:36
Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
– Proverbs 15:17
He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
– Proverbs 17:9
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
– Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
– Song of Solomon 8:7
Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.
– Isaiah 38:17
Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
– Isaiah 43:4
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
– Jeremiah 31:3
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
– Matthew 5:44
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
– Luke 7:47
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
– John 3:16
Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
– John 13:1
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
– John 13:34
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
– John 14:21
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
– John 15:9
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
– Romans 8:35-37
The Love Chapter
(1) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
(2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
(3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
(4) Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
(5) Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
(6) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
(7) Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
(8) Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
(9) For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
(10) But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
(11) When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
(12) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
(13) And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
– Galatians 2:20
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
– Ephesians 5:25
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
– 1 John 4:10
Love is of God
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
(10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
(12) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:7-12
We love him, because he first loved us.
– 1 John 4:19
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
– Revelation 12:11