Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
– Exodus 20:12
Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.
– Deuteronomy 4:40
Teach Your Children
(4) Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
(5) And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
(6) And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
(7) And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
– Joshua 24:15
And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
– Ruth 1:16
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children;
– Psalms 103:17
Blessings for Faithfulness
(1) Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
(2) For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
(3) Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
(4) Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.
(5) The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.
(6) Yea, thou shalt see thy children’s children, and peace upon Israel.
It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.
– Proverbs 21:19
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
– Proverbs 22:6
The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
– Proverbs 23:24
It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.
– Proverbs 25:24
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
– Proverbs 31:10-12
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
– Isaiah 44:3
But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
– Isaiah 49:25
God’s Kindness and Blessings Bestowed
(10) For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.
(11) O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
(12) And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.
(13) And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
(14) In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers…
– Malachi 4:6
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
– Matthew 7:12
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
– Ephesians 4:26